Day By Day

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What's really involved in meeting those pesky carbon targets

I'm not a huge believer that humans have caused significant warming. The more I read the less I believe it. I do believe that we should attempt to keep it clean while we're here. Dumping tons of CO2 into the atmosphere isn't as big an issue as some of the other stuff we dump into the air, ground and water but I'm ok with moving to the post carbon energy phase because I believe that's where we will eventually end up. I'm a huge fan of a technological future. Problem is wind, solar and hydro aren't well postitioned to take up the slack if we suddenly decide to shutdown all the fossile fuel driven power plants, in fact they are so poorly positioned to cover the demand that I've often thought that the goal of the environmentalists pushing for action and results NOW is for us to all starve and freeze to death in the dark.

mosey on over and check out this article for a reality check

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Build-more-nukes-or-head-back-to-the-Dark-Ages-70308337.html

No comments: